fredag 23 december 2011

Christmas Update Part 3 - The Wonderful Gingerbread Lighthouse

I mentioned a while back that I was working on a gingerbread house this year - a house of my own design. It turned out to be a lighthouse.

Seeing as how we (that is, my mother and I) have never made a gingerbread house before that wasn't store-bought, we sort of cheapskated it and bought ready-made gingerbread dough. If you're a hardcore baker, do go ahead and make your own.

This is less of a recipe and more of a chance to show off the fun I had, so here goes - without further ado, here is my first foray into the world of pastry-based architecture:




This house is 98% gingerbread, with the only non-gingerbread components being the gelatin-sheets used for window-glazing, the thin chocolate pieces used as tiles for the roof, and the royal icing used for the decorations. It's all held together by melted sugar, which is probably the most efficient glue in the universe.

1 kommentar: